We are pleased to announce Hospitalfield’s commissions for 2021/22. Initiated through our Studio Time programme we will be working with artists Mick Peter, Jade Montserrat, Luke Pell, Hanna Tuulikki, Rehana Zaman and Sally Hackett.
The Studio Time commissioning model has been devised to address the issues that have emerged from this time as we see artists under such pressure. This is one of a number of models that are likely to emerge as organisations take a new view on how they work with artists to make new work. We are currently supporting each of the artists on research, audience and project development with the view to launch their art works in 2021-22.
The Programme will launch in Spring when we will open Mick Peter’s ambitious new sculptures Gerroff! (or User Feedback) situated outside around the site of Hospitalfield. Peter’s work will feature at the opening weekend of Hospitalfield’s newly developed Garden designed by Nigel Dunnett, restored Fernery and new Glass House Cafe designed by Caruso St John. Also launching will be Laura Darling’s new illustrated book In The Garden At Hospitalfield.
Find out more about each of the artists’ practices here: hospitalfield.org.uk/whats-on/commissions
- Mick Peter, Installation view 2019. Courtesy of BALTIC. Photo by Rob Harris.
- ‘RE:seeding, in correspondence’ (2020), performance-to- camera collage, Jade Montserrat and Webb-Ellis. Courtesy of Jade Montserrat.
- Portrait of Hanna Tuulikki. Photo by Lydia Honeybone. Courtesy of the artist.
- Luke Pell. Photo by Brian Hartley.
- Still from Your Ecstatic Self (2019). Courtesy of the artist.
- Courtesy of Sally Hackett.