25 March 2017
We are celebrating the Taste of Angus Festival this year with a great opportunity to sample a taste of what is to come from Hospitalfield’s new Garden Café, which opens on Wednesday 5 April 2017. Hospitalfield Chef Gillian Veal has created a delicious menu inspired by ingredients from Angus, with several items being grown in our own garden.
Come and spend a memorable afternoon at Hospitalfield, meet the team and speak with some of the volunteers who tend the lovely gardens. We welcome you and your family and friends to come to visit and enjoy this beautiful place. For more information, or to book a table with friends and family, please email email@example.com, call us on 01241 656124 or just come along!
Where at all possible we use our own produce grown right here at Hospitalfield in the gardens which our amazing volunteers help to manage, we also like to seek out local producers in the area of which there are many and try to showcase their produce.
We aim for our food to be nourishing, memorable and full of integrity
The menu for the event is listed below – keep an eye on the Special Board for fresh new ideas
Soup of the day, served with homemade bread or oatcakes
Tortilla or tart of the day with garden salad and seasonal coleslaw
Sandwiches, freshly prepared with great bread
- Turmeric and ginger glazed ham with sweet pickles and piccalilli
- Roast carrot and cumin vegan pate, beetroot Carpaccio and toasted seeds
- Egg Mayonnaise with spring onion, mustard and chives
Salads, lively and interesting
- Crab salad with new potatoes, marinated carrots, seasonal leaves and smoked paprika mayonnaise
- Lentils verde with roasted onions, pickled beetroot and whipped goats cheese and seasonal leaves
Cake Table, all our famously delicious cakes are homemade