10:00am-12:00pm, 13 July 2020
Free Drawing School Online Challenge led by Jade Montserrat
Join the Free Drawing School live online every Monday at 10am.
A different drawing challenge is announced each week for you to get involved with at home between 10am-12pm guided live with an artist.
Jade Montserrat is an artist based in Scarborough, England. She is the recipient of the Stuart Hall Foundation Scholarship which supports her PhD (via MPhil) at IBAR, UCLan, and the development of her work from her black diasporic perspective in the North of England. Jade works through performance, drawing, painting, film, installation, sculpture, print and text. Jade came to Hospitalfield in 2017 as part of the Autumn Residency.
The Free Drawing School Online continues over the summer with many more challenges as we invite lots of guest artists to design the weekly challenge for you to join in with.
The Free Drawing School challenges are designed to be done at home with the resources you can bring together from your drawers and cupboards.
The details of the challenge will be announced here and on social media at 10.00am.
You will have two hours in which to complete the challenge and post your work either in the comments on the Facebook event for others to see or on twitter or instagram with the hashtag #freedrawingschool.
You can also email your outcomes to email@example.com
1. Image from Jade Montserrat’s Studio. Courtesy of the artist.
2. The Glamour of her homemade stage, Jade Montserrat, 2016
3. Love. Love?, ‘Full English’, DATEAGLE ART, Jade Montserrat, Platform Southwark.
4. No Need For Clothing, Jade Montserrat, Cooper Gallery DJCAD Dundee. Documentation photo by Jacquetta Clark 2017
5. Planting plan image. Image courtesy of the artist.
6. Image courtesy of Hospitalfield
The Free Drawing School is made possible with generous funding support from The Robertson Trust and The National Heritage Lottery Fund.