Volunteers are vital to the work that we do at Hospitalfield, bringing skills, knowledge and enthusiasm and providing their time with the greatest generosity.
Volunteering at Hospitalfield
Volunteering with us is an opportunity to get to know Hospitalfield, learn or develop a skill, and meet a range of people from other volunteers, to visitors, to artists and creative practitioners. Volunteers are involved in all aspects of our work, events and projects as a vital part of our activity. We welcome people from all walks of life to get involved and offer support tailored to you and your motivations to ensure you have a rewarding experience volunteering with us.
If you would like to become a Volunteer at Hospitalfield, please fill out this online form.
Questions and inquiries, please contact Annie on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01241 656124
There are a number of ways to get involved as a volunteer, spanning activities such as walking, growing, heritage, contemporary art, culture and learning.
- Meander – Walking Groups supported by Paths for All and NHS Tayside. Volunteers will help devise a network of paths and walking activities connecting Hospitalfield and the local area through themes of growing, cooking, eating, and heritage. All abilities welcome! Find out more.
- Hospitalfield Guide We have excellent volunteer tour guides who have an astonishing amount of knowledge about the history of the estate. Being a tour guide at Hospitalfield is a great way to get to know our heritage and history and develop your own specific twist on our popular tours. Try shadowing one of our tour guides at a popular Wednesday afternoon heritage tour to find out more.
- Open Weekends We could not operate our popular Open Weekend series without the support of volunteers who invigilate the historic rooms, offer a friendly greeting to our visitors, and help with our renowned cafe – a fun way to get involved and try out volunteering with us.
- Exhibitions & Events We welcome volunteers who would like to get involved in the various exhibitions and events that take place at Hospitalfield. More of which can be found out about on our ‘What’s On’ page. From contemporary art, art history or heritage, this is a great way to develop your area of interest.
- Garden Club The historic gardens at Hospitalfield are made fruitful and more beautiful with the fantastic support of the Garden Club who are always looking to attract new members.
- Collections Care This important activity at Hospitalfield and an interesting way to get to know our historic house and collections intimately. We are always welcome volunteers who are interested to helping us care for Hospitalfield.
Volunteering at Hospitalfield is not limited to the opportunities above. We welcome suggestions and are always happy to tailor opportunities to suit the needs and preferences of our volunteers. If you have suggestions of ways you would like to contribute, please get in touch.