Hospitalfield and the Royal Over-Seas League worked with exhibiting partners Generator, Dundee; Iniva, London and Centre for Contemporary Art, Glasgow to select the artists.
- Interdisciplinary Residency March 2017
- Interdisciplinary Residency August 2017
- Interdisciplinary Residency November 2017
- British Council Transatlantic Resident 2017
- Mondriaan Fonds Resident 2017
- SGSAH Researcher in Residence 2017
- India Exchange 2017
- Summer Residency 2017
- Autumn Residency 2017
- THIStudio Residency Exchange 2017
- New Contemporaries Resident 2017
- Graduate Residency 2017
- ROSL Visual Art Scholars 2017
- Summer Residency 2016
- Autumn Residency 2016
- Interdisciplinary Residency August 2016
- RSA Residency 2016
- DD Artists Residency 2016
- Interdisciplinary Residency November 2016
- ROSL Scholars 2016
- Graduate Residency 2016
- Architecture Places 2016
- Future Plan Collection Residency 2016
- THIStudios Residency Exchange 2016
- Interdisciplinary Residency March 2016
- Alumni Association Selected Residency 2015
- Hospitalfield in Industry 2015
- Interdisciplinary Residency November 2015
- Graduate Residency 2015
- Autumn Residency 2015
- ROSL Scholars 2015
- Goethe Scholar Autumn 2015
- Interdisciplinary Residency August 2015
- Summer Residency 2015
- ROSL Scholars 2014
- Interdisciplinary Residency November 2014
- Graduate Residency 2014
- Autumn Residency 2014
- Interdisciplinary Residency August 2014
- Summer Residency 2014
- DD Artists Residency 2014
- Interdisciplinary Residency April – May 2014
- ROSL Scholars 2013
- Graduate Residency 2013
- Autumn Residency 2013
- Summer Residency 2013
ROSL Scholars 2013
Trinidad & Tobago. Selected with CCA, Glasgow.
Adele Todd studied in the United States graduating from Pratt Institute New York with a BFA in Graphic Design in 1991. Looking at heavy societal issues, using thread in the traditional art of embroidery, is at the heart of the work of Adele Todd. She also practices Performance. From the islands of Trinidad and Tobago, Todd’s work has been seen internationally at two Beijing Biennales, and in America at the group show for contemporary Caribbean Art, Rockstone & Bootheel, among others.
ROSL Scholars 2013
South Africa. Selected with Iniva, London.
Lerato Shadi is a South African artist who lives in Berlin, Germany. She completed a BFA in Fine Art from the University of Johannesburg and is currently studying for an MFA from Kunsthochschule Berlin Weissensee. The prevailing themes in Shadi’s work are a performative investigation into transformation, or transition, through performance from absence to presence, from subject to object, and vice versa. She uses elements such as concentration, breath, duration and span to establish an exploration of the performer in space and time. Knitting, installation, video and sound are some of the media Shadi has utilised. An additional and intrinsic element to her work is the titling, mainly in her mother tongue Setswana, which plays on the politics of inclusion and exclusion. In 2010 she had a solo exhibition Mosako Wa Seipone at GoetheonMain in Johannesburg. From 2010 to 2012 she was a member of the Bag Factory artist studios in Fordsburg, Johannesburg. In 2012 her work was featured at the Dak’art Biennale in Senegal and in the III Moscow International Biennale. She is a fellow of Sommerakademie 2013 (Zentrum Paul Klee).
ROSL Scholars 2013
Pakistan. Selected with GENERATORprojects, Dundee.
Mehreen Murtaza is an artist who works in a variety of media based in Lahore, Pakistan. She graduated with a Batchelor of Fine Art from Beaconhouse National University, Lahore in 2008. By manipulating the viewer to create confusion, Murtaza presents everyday objects as well as references to texts, painting and architecture. Pompous writings and Utopian constructivist designs are juxtaposed with trivial objects. Her artworks bear strong political references and the possibility or the dream of the annulment of a (historically or socially) fixed identity is a constant focal point. In 2013 Murtaza has exhibited in We have Arrived Nowhere, 2nd Transnational Pavilion, 55thBiennale di Venezia and has forthcoming projects with The Studio Museum, New York, USA; Experimenter, Kolkata, India; and a solo show Transmission From A Missing Satellite as part of Frame, Frieze London.