We are delighted to offer this new residency opportunity, open to art practitioners working in or from Germany, with the support of the Goethe-Institut Glasgow.
Dedicated to contemporary art and ideas, Hospitalfield is an arts centre on the east coast of Scotland where people come to work, study, learn, visit and enjoy.
The Autumn Residency at Hospitalfield in Scotland is a funded residency programme to support artists. 6 UK visual artists have already been selected to be part of the residency. With the support of Goethe-Institut Glasgow, one residency place is now available to a contemporary art practitioner either from or based in Germany.
We are specifically interested to receive proposals from practitioners working in the contemporary visual arts where writing or curating is a core and current aspect of their artistic work.
We invite applicants to submit:
– a 100 word biography
– 500 word proposal describing their practice and an urgent project that they propose to develop while at Hospitalfield
– a PDF portfolio which details 2 (or more) examples of recent projects. This could be, for example, image/text based descriptions relating to a project, published pieces of writing about art, or a link to a video of a talk that you have given.
This residency includes:
Programme of visits and discussion; full board catering; 24 hours access to studio space; advice and support to develop an itinerary of research visits in Scotland
In addition to their stay at Hospitalfield, the selected practitioner will receive:
– a Research & Development Bursary of £1000
– reimbursement of travel costs to/from Hospitalfield
– a bursary to support an itinerary of visits to exhibitions, artists and organisations in Scotland as agreed with Hospitalfield and Goethe-Institut Glasgow
This opportunity is not open to students or people currently in full-time education at the point of application.